Saturday, March 7, 2009

Kathmandu, day before the hike

Well we have all arrived safely in Kathmandu and it looks like this is going to be a great group of us. All together there are ten hikers, two guides and five porters. I'm very excited as is the rest of the group and we all seem prepared to spend the next three weeks walking, showering not so much, and having a good time!

Today Mom and Pierre and Elaine and another one of the hikers named Wayne and I went to the Monkey Temple and did a little bit of window shopping! It can be a little overwhelming but there is so much to explore. Kathmandu is dusty, my eyes hurt but the atmosphere is full of life. There is no electricity here, only between 8 pm and 12 midnight and even then it's tempermental. I thought I lost this post once because of a temporary shut down...luckily it automatically saves every 30 seconds!

Apparently there will occasionally be computers along our hike so maybe I will be able to put up pictures!

Time to pack, sleep and shower!

1 comment:

  1. i Love you Alicia Marie! hug everyone and pretend it is me hugging you! i am so glad you are out on this adventure, sounds like all is fun and swell.
    life here is good, kiera and i still don't have a couch but we are surviving with two chairs, it is quite cute actually.
    i miss you a lot and think of you often! i cried for the first time about it yesterday while i was at a worship night at my church... all of a sudden i just got smacked in the face with my love for you.
    hug a child for me too!
    xoxoxoxoxo cookie

    ReplyDelete