Here are some photos, as promised
Here we are at the Monkey Temple, lieel did we know it was a small preview to all the stairs we would be climbing on the hike....
Monkey Temple

My first taste of the joys of bus/jeep riding that was to come

Me with our guide Tirtha on the first day of our hike! Starting point: Khudi
The first of many suspension bridges to come....

As you can see they were true suspension bridges...the kind where you didnt know if you were going to make it to the other side alive or not...but fun all the same...they put rocks on parts to cover the holes...

We stayed here our second night...hahaha

Playing with a little girl from a tea house. I gave her some Playdoh (I brought along little presents for the kids along the way) and she was super excited! This is also the tea house I ended up spending some time at because I got bronchitis amd had to stop. The woman who owned it was really nice and kept me fed and full of water and soup!

This is Pokhara, a small lakeside town where we were supposed to finish. I went through on my way to meet the group when they had crossed Throng-La Pass. It took me three jeeps, a bus and a taxi to get here, and I was only halfway there to where I was supposed to meet the group!
Ok well thats all I have time to upload at the moment, I will upload the rest soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment