Monday, March 2, 2009

Calgary: Day One

Yesterday was insane trying to get everything into the storage container, but there was a lot of help and we managed to get it all done. Thank you to everyone that came over and helped...yes Aaron even you!

The day started off well with Kaitlyn and Luke dropping by to start get the boxes moving...and of course to eat some delicious bread pudding. As the day continued more people showed up and the hard work began. Nicole and her parents even came by to wish me a good trip!

I promise I did more work than just sitting around on my chair...outside...but we just thought this would be an amusing picture. So some things were a little difficult to get down the stairs, like my couch and that chair, but with the super human female strength of Amy, Jessica, Erica, Chloe, and I we managed to manuver it down the stairs so that Alan could safely and securely put it in the POD.


The storge container actually ended up being full...I didnt think I actually had that much stuff!

So now i'm in Calgary on my first full day of my trip! Last night I had dinner with my Dad and Karen and Josh came too. Then Josh and I hung out all night and drank wine and took pictures...




DONT WORRY, our heads are not warped...Josh has a Mac...it has features on it that make us look all crazy and stuff, so dont panic.

I'd have to say it was a pretty great start to the trip! Today the plan is to go cross country skiing, but it's so warm today that might be changed to a nice walk in the mountains (it's plus 8!)! We're driving to Banff (Dad and Karen and I) to meet up with some family friends and then until the 5th we're going to do some downhill!

No comments:

Post a Comment